Teams that have signed up by 6 pm EST February 12, 2021 will have the opportunity to participate in the contest. Eligible teams will have 24 hours — starting Friday March 5th 2021 at 8PM EST and ending Saturday March 6th 2021 at 8PM EST – to build and submit a Sitecore module best implementing the idea for the Hackathon, as determined by our panel of judges. The idea(s) will be announced an hour before the Hackathon starts on March 5th.
- 95 Teams participated
- Entries from over 25 countries
- Pictures from the 2021 Hackathon
- Sitecore Hackathon 2021 Winning Teams
Ideas for the hackathon:
– The best enhancement to the Sitecore Admin (XP) for Content Editors & Marketers
– The best enhancement to SXA
– Best use of SPE to help Content authors and Marketers
– Best use of Headless using JSS or .NET
All teams are required to submit the following as part of their entry submission no later than the end of the Hackathon on Saturday, March 6th, 2021 at 8 PM EST. The submitted module shall be based on Sitecore 10.1 XM or XP. Due to the complexity of Commerce, no submissions for Commerce will be accepted.
The choice is yours as to how you install Sitecore locally for the Hackathon. There is no requirement on whether you setup with Docker, SIF/SIA, Sifon, SIFless, SIM, or [insert creative approach]. We do however require that the installation steps are simple, few, and require no magic to get your submission working. We encourage you to perform a fresh install and follow your own documentation to ensure that no steps are missed. It would be unwise to try any of these installation methods for the first time the day of the Hackathon because so much can go wrong; do what you know well and invest as much time as you can being creative working on your solution. For those with prior experience working with Docker, we have provided a Starter Kit in this GitHub repository (thanks Anders) with a variety of options to speed things up.
Please read carefully — and thoroughly — to ensure you have not missed any of the requirements.
Since the installation of your module should be simple, we recommend you follow one of these approaches:
- Sitecore module package (.zip)
- Sitecore web deploy package (.scwdp.zip) with an automated install
- Simple Visual Studio deploy with SCS/Unicorn sync Note: Please do not require the use of Sitecore Rocks or TDS to build and deploy the solution. Any one of the judges or community members reviewing your solution may not have those tools installed.
Notwithstanding the fact that value full creativity in your submission, we are going to be judgy here — we are judges, after all. Once your code is pushed to GitHub, we will look for the following with no exceptions:
- Cleanliness of code
- Clear documentation
- Adherence to Sitecore best practices (Helix)
The documentation requirements are extremely important. If the judges are unable to get your Hackathon project running then we can’t count it as complete. Here are items we expect to be included which must be pushed to the GitHub repo in the readme:
- One to two pages of documentation describing your module’s purpose with screenshots of the finished product
- Installation steps with screenshots where appropriate
- Short YouTube video describing your module’s purpose, setup instructions, and how to use it
- Ronit K
- Infinity team
- Marcus M
- Hacky Sack
- Tommy X
- Melinda Varga
- Melinda V
- Rania M
- Yahya E
- Raghda A
- Moussa A
- Raja M
- Manjunath M
- Vinodh kumar V
- Akanksha N
- Varun N
- Vasiliy F
- Pemuda Setempat
- Syauqy A
- Lukman H
- Abdee WM
- TBI Asesoría Informática
- Consuelo R
- Cristhiam A
- Site Marathon
- Dinesh V
- Fenil J
- Sarang C
- Coding Highlands
- India, USA
- Jaineel U
- Dream Team
- Viacheslav S
- Andrii S
- Aliaksandr L
- Vinit M
- Bogdan D
- Stanislav C
- Yurii P
The winning teams will each receive a $200 Amazon gift card per team member, making the total $600 per team for a three-person team. The Amazon gift cards will be emailed to the email addresses on file no later than 10 days after the winning team is announced. If Amazon gift cards are not available in the region, alternate arrangements will be made.
We will showcase your company logo and/or your team photo on this website.
- No purchase necessary.
- Must 21 years or older at time of entry.
- Additional terms, conditions and restrictions apply.